AC Milan were once the benchmark for other Italian clubs, their free-flowing and star-studded side of the early nineties thrilling supporters across Europe.
AC Milan sporting director Leonardo has been left far from pleased with the refereeing decisions in midweek following the club’s Europa League exit at the hands of Olympiacos.
The Rossoneri had come into the game with a three-point advantage over their Greek counterparts but they could not take advantage after suffering a 3-1 defeat which saw them bow out of the competition on goal difference. Continue reading LEONARDO FUMES OVER EUROPA EXIT
Serie A giants AC Milan could reportedly seek to pursue the signature of Eric Bailly from Manchester United when the transfer window reopens at the turn of the year. The Ivory Coast international started the opening two Premier League matches for United after experiencing a good pre-season but he has since struggled to regular league action with the Red Devils.
Continue reading AC Milan weighing up winter approach for Eric Bailly
Manchester United are reportedly lining up an approach to sign AC Milan defender Leonardo Bonucci amid the financial concerns at the Serie A club. The Italy international re-joined the Rossoneri from Juventus last summer and he was a regular for them during the 2017/18 season as they finished sixth in the league standings.
Continue reading Manchester United weighing up move for AC Milan defender
AC Milan manager Gennaro Gattuso has stressed that his side have a strong chance of outclassing Juventus in the Coppa Italia final on Wednesday night. The Rossoneri prepared for the encounter with a 4-1 victory over Hellas Verona and following the game, Gattuso discussed the club’s chances of beating the Bianconeri.
Former AC Milan midfielder Massimo Ambrosini believes AC Milan were unfortunate to have not picked up a win over Juventus during Saturday’s Serie A outing. The Rossoneri tried to push for the winning goal after making the scores 1-1 on the day, but the Old Lady pounced on a couple of late chances to secure a 3-1 triumph in the end.
Portugal international Andre Silva has stressed that he is content at AC Milan despite the speculation surrounding his future. The 22-year-old joined the Rossoneri from Porto with the reputation of being a frequent goalscorer, but he has since struggled in the Serie A with just two goals in 18 appearances for the club.
Despite this, the striker is seemingly unfazed by his situation, and speaking to Tuttomercato, he said: “My thoughts have always been to stay here and do my job at Milan, here in Italy everything changed for me, it was the first time I came out of my country [Portugal]. Football is football, the same everywhere, but everything is always done to make the best possible, I do not think that the high cost of the transfer has weighed on me.The real problem is what I have already said, that changing country has changed everything.”
AC Milan have lost 5 of their first 12 games played in Serie A. They recently beat Sassuolo 2-0, with the goals coming from Romagnoli and Suso. The win relieved some pressure off Montella. They are currently sitting at 7th in the Serie A table. Having spent heavily in the summer transfer window a lot has been expected from Montella’s men. They have so far been short of the expectations surrounding them. But former AC Milan defender Marcel Desailly, who won 2 league titles and one Champions League for the Italian club, believes the club’s owners must take some of the blame for the disappointing start and insists it has now become a ‘transition season’. Desailly has defended Milan’s spending, saying that the cost to buy them later would be higher and that the investment made by the club is a good one.
“I remember when they lost against Roma, everyone was saying ‘let’s sack him’. This is where the guys who are in charge are very clever, because they know it is also their fault. Whatever manager you bring into the system, according to the players you bought… Some players you bought because if you don’t buy them now, in the future when they get to another club, you cannot have them back because the budget will be too high,” said Desailly.
Continue reading Vincenzo Montella temporarily relieved after win
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has snubbed speculation over a move to AC Milan by insisting that he is concentrated on his job in hand at Stamford Bridge. The 48-year-old had been under immense pressure prior to Sunday’s game versus Manchester United, which the Blues won by a 1-0 scoreline.
Following the victory, Conte was once again posed a question on the Rossoneri link, to which he replied: “Milan? Leave it out. We’re trying to stay concentrated, because it’s a tough run from here to the end of the season. I am only concentrated on Chelsea and purely want to do what is best for Chelsea.”
Continue reading Antonio Conte dismisses AC Milan job link
AC Milan’s 2-1 victory over Juventus in the Italian Super Cup final went under the radar over Christmas but that particular triumph could be the catalyst for the Rossoneri to get back to their brilliant best. It was the club’s first piece of major silverware for over five years and manager Vincenzo Montella will be confident of guiding Milan back to the top of Italian football in the coming years.