Former AC Milan midfielder Massimo Ambrosini believes AC Milan were unfortunate to have not picked up a win over Juventus during Saturday’s Serie A outing. The Rossoneri tried to push for the winning goal after making the scores 1-1 on the day, but the Old Lady pounced on a couple of late chances to secure a 3-1 triumph in the end.
Portugal international Andre Silva has stressed that he is content at AC Milan despite the speculation surrounding his future. The 22-year-old joined the Rossoneri from Porto with the reputation of being a frequent goalscorer, but he has since struggled in the Serie A with just two goals in 18 appearances for the club.
Despite this, the striker is seemingly unfazed by his situation, and speaking to Tuttomercato, he said: “My thoughts have always been to stay here and do my job at Milan, here in Italy everything changed for me, it was the first time I came out of my country [Portugal]. Football is football, the same everywhere, but everything is always done to make the best possible, I do not think that the high cost of the transfer has weighed on me.The real problem is what I have already said, that changing country has changed everything.”
Just before the turn of the year, things began to look up for Gennaro Gattuso and AC Milan. Gattuso has overseen a steady improvement in fortunes after an inauspicious beginning. This is reflected in the former Italian international being awarded a three-year contract. But where now for the club?
AC Milan lie adrift of the summit of Serie A and the latest football betting has them at 25/1 to even finishing in the top 4. But, still, the feeling remains that Gattuso has turned things around and he will be given the chance to structure his squad more to his liking during the summer. But what players could add something different to the current squad? Continue reading Three Possible Signings for AC Milan This Summer
Former AC Milan manager Carlo Ancelotti has high hopes for the Rossoneri prior to the end of the season. The San Siro outfit found themselves in a heap during the first half of the campaign as they fell into the lower half of the table despite spending nearly £200m on fresh recruits in the summer.
However, under the stewardship of Gennaro Gattuso, they have managed to make inroads towards the Champions League positions, and Ancelotti believes his ex-club could make the top-four, considering the average form of the likes of Inter Milan, AS Roma and Lazio. He said: “If they keep going on like this, I think they can. But they need to be ready in case Roma, Lazio and Inter found some difficulties in the following months. Considering their start, it’s already a great result to be thinking about reaching Champions League.”
Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon believes Gianluigi Donnarumma would prove a success, should he make the move from AC Milan in the summer. The young shot-stopper has been jeered off the pitch on a couple of occasions this term despite penning a new contract in the summer.
Speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport, Buffon feels Donnarumma may not regret making a future move to Turin, where he could establish himself as the number one goalkeeper, he said: “I do not live his situation but one thing is certain, if he comes to Juventus he’s never wrong.
Continue reading Gianluigi Buffon backs Donnarumma to succeed at Juventus
AC Milan have lost 5 of their first 12 games played in Serie A. They recently beat Sassuolo 2-0, with the goals coming from Romagnoli and Suso. The win relieved some pressure off Montella. They are currently sitting at 7th in the Serie A table. Having spent heavily in the summer transfer window a lot has been expected from Montella’s men. They have so far been short of the expectations surrounding them. But former AC Milan defender Marcel Desailly, who won 2 league titles and one Champions League for the Italian club, believes the club’s owners must take some of the blame for the disappointing start and insists it has now become a ‘transition season’. Desailly has defended Milan’s spending, saying that the cost to buy them later would be higher and that the investment made by the club is a good one.
“I remember when they lost against Roma, everyone was saying ‘let’s sack him’. This is where the guys who are in charge are very clever, because they know it is also their fault. Whatever manager you bring into the system, according to the players you bought… Some players you bought because if you don’t buy them now, in the future when they get to another club, you cannot have them back because the budget will be too high,” said Desailly.
Continue reading Vincenzo Montella temporarily relieved after win
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has snubbed speculation over a move to AC Milan by insisting that he is concentrated on his job in hand at Stamford Bridge. The 48-year-old had been under immense pressure prior to Sunday’s game versus Manchester United, which the Blues won by a 1-0 scoreline.
Following the victory, Conte was once again posed a question on the Rossoneri link, to which he replied: “Milan? Leave it out. We’re trying to stay concentrated, because it’s a tough run from here to the end of the season. I am only concentrated on Chelsea and purely want to do what is best for Chelsea.”
Continue reading Antonio Conte dismisses AC Milan job link
Real Madrid are reportedly plotting a surprise move to sign Suso from AC Milan during the winter transfer window.
The European champions are currently weighing up the future of Gareth Bale, who has struggled with a series of injuries over the past year.
According to Sportmediaset, Zinedine Zidane’s side are lining up a move for the former Liverpool man, who is being seen as a potential replacement for Bale. Suso only inked a long-term deal with AC Milan in the summer with a €40m release clause, but this is not a figure which would fend off the interest from Los Blancos.
Suso has been on Real Madrid’s radar for a while, and the 23-year-old has previously admitted that Los Blancos wanted him prior to his switch to the Liverpool academy, he said: “I came close to joining Real Madrid. I came here [in Madrid] to visit the training facilities but the Liverpool called me and I decided to move to England.
I wanted to try a new experience and play in the Premier League. The following day Liverpool signed me. I was very young and it was hard for me to settle in well. I was lost even if the dressing room was full of Spanish footballers thanks to Benitez. I have recovered now.”
Bale has received immense criticism from the club’s faithful since the start of the season, but he has continued to earn the confidence of Zinedine Zidane, who has backed him with a regular place in the starting line-up. Manchester United remain one of the potential contenders to sign the Welshman in the future, and it will be interesting to see how the player’s future paves out in the coming months.
Meanwhile, Los Blancos have made an average start to their La Liga season with just 14 points from their first seven games. As a result, they are seven points adrift of table-toppers Barcelona, who hold a 100 percent win record.
Super agent Mino Raiola has revealed that his client Gianluigi Donnarumma was promised to be made the club’s captain prior to his contract extension this summer.
The teenage goalkeeper had initially rebuffed a fresh deal beyond 2018, and this led to widespread criticism from the club’s faithful, who took to social media to question his loyalty.
Eventually, Donnarumma agreed to a new four-year deal with the Rossoneri after they inserted two separate release clauses on his contract. The goalkeeper would have the £88m clause active in nine months’ time, should they qualify for next season’ Champions League. However, the value would be halved in case of their failure to do so.
Speaking on RAI Sport, Raiola slammed sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli and general manager Marco Fassone after they failed to keep their promise of making Donnarumma the new captain.
“I’ve got nothing personal against Fassone and Mirabelli, I just don’t believe in their project. When all of Italy was panicking about the future of Donnarumma, they offered the captain’s armband without us asking for it. All I can say is that there was a promise which has not been kept,” he told RAI. Continue reading Mino Raiola – AC Milan promised to make Donnarumma captain
Portugal international Renato Sanches has handed a blow to Manchester United after admitting that he could prefer a year-long loan with Serie A giants AC Milan.
The Rossoneri have spent in excess of £160m on 10 players to date, and their spending spree is unlikely to cease anytime soon as they look to make the most of their transfer business for the summer.
While the San Siro club have spent reasonably on top recruits such as Leonardo Bonucci and Mateo Musacchio, they have also pursued loan spells for the likes of Franck Kessie and Fabio Borini. According to The Independent, Sanches could be the next in line to join Milan on a temporary basis after admitting he is eyeing a fresh challenge elsewhere.
Sanches provided a standout performance during Bayern’s 3-2 win over Chelsea yesterday, shortly after the game, he revealed that he will seek a move elsewhere in order to better his chances of playing regular football. The 19-year-old managed just six Bundesliga starts last term, and he is now eager to join a club where he could express himself ahead of the 2018 World Cup. Continue reading Renato Sanches admits he could prefer AC Milan loan