AC Milan manager Massimiliano Allegri has said that Andrea Pirlo left the club in the summer in order to join Juventus because he felt that he needed a new challenge in life. Andrea Pirlo is one of the greatest midfielders for AC Milan in recent times. Andrea Pirlo started out as an attacking midfielder, a role in which he was not hugely successful at. His conversion into a deep lying playmaker was made during his days at AC Milan. Former AC Milan manager Carlo Ancelotti was crucial to Andrea Pirlo in this respect. However, Andrea Pirlo did not want to finish his career at AC Milan because he wanted to experience a new challenge in life according to manager Massimiliano Allegri.
The current AC Milan manager Massimiliano Allegri was criticised a lot during the early part of the campaign over his decision to let Andrea Pirlo join Juventus. However, it has been proven in many matches so far that Massimiliano Allegri has taken the right decision with regard to Andrea Pirlo. The current AC Milan manager has worked a lot in order to reduce the average age of the AC Milan squad. Under Carlo Ancelotti, AC Milan became famous for extending the careers of players, which necessarily did not work out when it comes to trophies.
“He’s an amazing player and he’s doing very well at Juventus. Often in life after many years you need a change. In Turin he has found new motivation, which had decreased after 10 years at Milan. But there’s no discussing his quality,” Allegri said to RTL 102.5. AC Milan will be facing Juventus during the table topping clash on Saturday. Andrea Pirlo is expected to be fit for the match. Both teams are separated by just one point in the Italian Serie A table.
After pulling out of negotiations with Manchester city striker Carlos Tevez, AC Milan have announced that Italian striker Antonio Cassano is likely to return to training within the next few days. Antonio Cassano’s future at AC Milan was thrown into doubt after the Italian suffered a heart problem at the start of the season.
It has lead to hospitalisation and there are also rumours that AC Milan would sign Carlos Tevez in order to supplement the loss of the striker. AC Milan even sent their CEO in order to discuss a potential move for Carlos Tevez, but it was recently revealed that the two clubs could not reach a deal.
Now, AC Milan have been boosted by the news that their star striker Antonio Cassano is likely to resume training over the next few days. It has been quite clear that AC Milan are not prepared to take any chances on the future of Antonio Cassano, and as a result of it, extensive tests have been carried out on the status of the Italian. It seems that he has come out of these tests with flying colours, which has meant that he is now given the permission to resume training just as the crucial Champions League knockout stages will begin over the next few weeks.
“Milan would like to announce that during the course of this week, Antonio Cassano underwent neorological tests with the team of professor Nereo Bresolin and Yvan Torrente and cardiological tests with professor Mario Carminati. Both tests showed positive results, so Antonio Cassano will start progressive individual athletic training tomorrow [Saturday],” a club statement read. AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri has said that he is hoping that he has the striker available for selection soon. AC Milan have also said that they will not be looking to sign another striker now.
Italian Serie A champions AC Milan are thought to be weighing up a transfer offer for Chelsea Striker Didier Drogba. The Italian champions could be without Antonio Cassano for six months after he underwent successful surgery on a minor heart defect. The Italian giants had also been linked with a move for blues outcast Nicholas Anelka. However, Milan’s vice president Gallini admits a move for Drogba is far more likely.
Gallini said: “If Cassano had not suffered this problem, we would not go to the market in the first place, but we will see. If he can recover quickly, we will not sign any striker in January. However, if we sign a player, it will only be on a loan basis, until June. If Anelka continues to score, we will see. He is an important player, but I was in love with Drogba when he was at Olympique Marseille.”
With Fernando Torres being first choice striker and stiff competition from youngsters Daniel Sturridge and Romelu Lukaku, while Salomon Kalou is another option for boss Andre Villas-Boas. With this vast array of striking quality at Chelsea the two have been struggling for game time and it is thought that both men may be looking to close the curtain on two successful careers at Chelsea.
With the uncertainty surrounding Anelka and Drogba AC Milan can obviously see a perfect replacement or temporary cover for their injured Cassano and should Drogba or Anelka continue to struggle at Chelsea it would seem they both would welcome a move away from Stamford Bridge.